Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga @ Tynga’s Reviews.
So. Hi there. I’ve been missing in action for a while. Life got busy. I needed a breather. But now I’m back. And what better way to celebrate my return to blogging with a giant list of all the books I acquired in May and June so far?
Here are some review copies I acquired:
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. [Goodreads] May 17th, 2016. Thanks for the copy, Quirk Books! Super sorry I haven’t reviewed this yet. I’m planning to get to it ASAP! (In the meanwhile, why don’t you check out my review of Grady’s other book, Horrorstor?)
- Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger. [Goodreads] June 7th, 2016. Thanks for the ARC, Quirk Books!
- Cure for the Common Universe by Christian McKay Heidicker. [Goodreads] June 14th, 2016. Thanks, Simon & Schuster via NetGalley!
- The Reckoning on Cane Hill by Steve Mosby. [Goodreads] September 27th, 2016. Thanks for the ARC, Pegasus Books! I really liked Steve’s The Nightmare Place, so I’m excited for his latest thriller!
And here are a bunch of ARCs, some old and some new, that I picked up for free courtesy of my local bookstore!
- Traveler by Arwen Elys Dayton. [Goodreads] Delacorte Press. January 12th, 2016. | Hey, check out my review of Seeker, book 1, here! I didn’t hate it like a lot of people did, though I’m interested to see if book 2 is better.
- The Passenger by Lisa Lutz. [Goodreads] Simon & Schuster. March 1st, 2016.
- Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina. [Goodreads] Candlewick Press. March 8th, 2016.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. [Goodreads] Random House. April 19th, 2016. | A Pride and Prejudice retelling — I’m pretty sure I’ll love this.
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. [Goodreads] Del Rey. April 26th, 2016.
- Ask Me How I Got Here by Christine Heppermann. [Goodreads] Greenwillow Books. May 3rd, 2016. | 3 stars. A novel in verse! About a girl who gets an abortion.
- Night Speed by Chris Howard. [Goodreads] Katherine Tegen Books. May 3rd, 2016. | Totally didn’t know Chris Howard had a new book out. I really liked Rootless, although I never got around to finishing the series, so hopefully Night Speed will be good!
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes. [Goodreads] Harper Teen. May 3rd, 2016. | An Alice in Wonderland retelling! Currently reading! And that Chapter 2 reveal was awesome!
- The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele. [Goodreads] HarperTeen. June 7th, 2016.
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows. [Goodreads] HarperTeen. June 7th, 2016.
- Life Moves Pretty Fast: The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don’t Learn Them From Movies Anymore) by Hadley Freeman. [Goodreads] Simon & Schuster. June 14th, 2016. | Nonfiction, obviously. I like movies, though I don’t think I’ve seen a lot of ’80s movies. Still, it looked interesting enough so I snagged it.
- The Dark Side by Anthony O’Neill. [Goodreads] Simon & Schuster. June 28th, 2016.
- Dark Horses by Cecily von Ziegesar. [Goodreads] Soho Teen. September 13th, 2016. | A dark and updated Black Beauty-inspired novel? YES, PLEASE.
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. [Goodreads] Alfred A. Knopf. October 4th, 2016. | Loved All the Bright Places, so I’ve got high hopes for Jennifer’s next novel.
- Teddy & Co. by Cynthia Voigt. [Goodreads] Alfred A. Knopf. November 1st, 2016.
What books have you recently added to your collection?
And have you read any of the books I just acquired?
If so, which should I start ASAP?