The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Last week on the blog:
- On Sunday, I posted last-last week’s Sunday Post.
- On Monday, I reviewed The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. FINALLY.
- On Tuesday, I posted about All the 2016 releases I need in my hands ASAP. (Top Ten Tuesday)
- On Wednesday, I posted Part 2 of my Top 15 of 2015: Countdown of books #5-#1, plus Honorable Mentions. (Here’s Part 1.)
- On Thursday, I posted the 2015 Annual End of Year Book Survey. (Grab a snack, this is a loooong post.)
What I read last month:
Well, this is embarrassing… I read nothing in December 2015. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I think I needed to take the month to recharge after reading 165 books in the year. The holidays also helped with me being lazy. But I’m feeling rejuvenated now and I’m expecting January to be an awesome reading month! (I’ve already read two books!)
- Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter. [Goodreads]
- Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. [Goodreads]
The library haul:
Here’s what I picked up from the library this week.
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin. [Goodreads] I actually might be the most excited to read this book out of all the books I picked up from the library this week. It’s an alternate historical fiction novel with the premise that Hitler won World War II.
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy. [Goodreads] It’s gotten good reviews and I like seeing female empowerment — especially in a situation I view as very demeaning to women (pageants).
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly. [Goodreads] Murder mystery in historical New York City. I’m in!
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. [Goodreads] This is the year to finish The Raven Cycle, what with The Raven King coming out in April.
- Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. [Goodreads] I can’t wait to jump back into the Saga universe! Gah, I love me some good graphic novels.
- Maid-sama! Volumes 1 & 2 by Hiro Fujiwara. [Goodreads] I watched the anime a long time ago and thought it was hilarious, so when I saw this on the shelf I said, Hey, why not? It’s going to be pretty funny!
In other news…
Happy New Year!!! 2016 is going to be awesome, I can feel it. 😀
In terms of blogging and reading this year, I’ve already said that I’m not participating in any challenges except the Goodreads reading challenge, which I’ve set at 100 books. This year I want to focus on what I want to read. I’m madly debating doing this week’s Top Ten Tuesday about 2016 blogging/reading resolutions and I think I might. Though, already I can tell you that I’m going to worry less about putting out a blog post almost every day, I’m going to read more “back list” books in addition to new releases, I’m going to request fewer books and enter fewer giveaways, and I’m going to try to read more classics, historical fiction, adult novels, and award-winning books this year.
Also, this will be the final Sunday Post in the monthly wrap-up format. I’ll be going back to writing an individual post about the books I read every month. Time to change things up (slightly) in this New Year!
And finally… I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens! And LOVED it! ❤ I cried, I laughed, I sat in my seat in awe with my mouth hanging open at times. I want to go back and see it again so badly. Gah. It was amazing. I can’t wait until 2017 for Episode VIII! WAAAAH! (Any other Star Wars fans out there? Can we fangirl/fanboy together?)
What are you currently reading?
What was your favorite book you read in December?
And what are you looking forward to in 2016?
Comment below letting me know!