The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Last week on the blog:
- On Sunday, I posted last-last week’s Sunday Post, which was also my November 2015 wrap-up.
- On Tuesday, I listed my top ten favorite books I read this year by authors who are new to me.
- On Wednesday, I listed six of my favorite retellings I read this year.
What I read:
Again… nothing. 😛 I don’t know how productive with reading I’ll be until the week of Christmas, since I’ve got a busy schedule this coming week. I am planning to finish The Trouble with Destiny ASAP, and hopefully City of Ashes if I can renew it from the library. I also will next be reading Bohemian Gospel and hopefully The Weight of Feathers, Warriors: Rising Storm, and Slade House. Other than that, my reading goals for the rest of the year are up in the air.
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare.
- The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill.
The books I acquired:
Here are the books I acquired this week.
- Slade House by David Mitchell. [Goodreads] Hardcover, won via Shelf Awareness giveaway. I haven’t yet read a David Mitchell book but this one is going to be my first!
- Creatura by Nely Cab. [Goodreads] Kindle, free. Benjaminoftomes’ Free Book Friday pick of the week.
In other news…
I’m going to try REALLY hard to get you my Studio Ghibli countdown posts this week. Part 1 is a countdown of Miyazaki’s 11 films, and Part 2 is a countdown of all 22 Ghibli films. I’ve currently got them drafted, now I just need to revise them and then make them pretty. 😉 (Then, I’m planning a Part 3 about my favorite characters, and possibly a Part 4 about Joe Hisaishi’s film scores. We shall see.)
I’m also going to be starting my draft of the 2015 End of Year Book Survey which Jamie from the Perpetual Page-Turner hosts. Don’t expect that gigantic and super-long post up until closer to the end of the month, though, probably after Christmas.
I also have a final GIANT and IMPORTANT goal for the blog this December: write some sort of review/gushing post about The Raven Boys, which I read back in October (I think). It was so amazing and put me into a reading slump afterwards because I was like, “No book is ever going to be as great at this was.” And then I barely read anything for a month after… ANYWAY, I want to talk about The Raven Boys in some way, shape, or form. It’s going to happen. I’m going to make it happen.
And last, I’m going to make an effort to participate in the Top Ten Tuesday and Top 5 Wednesday memes coming up, listing the best books of the year and such. Excited to share with you my countdowns! Stay tuned! 😀
What are you currently reading?