So a very, very long time ago I was nominated for some more blog awards… I’m finally answering the questions, guys, like, more than 3 months later! Thank you to Cristina, Briana, and Kara! Since there are a lot of questions to answer and make, and facts to list, I’m going to do this a little less conventionally — otherwise I’d be here all day writing up this post!
Cristina from My Tiny Obsessions nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you, Cristina!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has given you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
My answers to Cristina’s questions:
- Favorite book? Oh, that’s so hard! I shall pick one of my favorites of the year at random… and that is Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli!
- Favorite TV show? Sherlock, Game of Thrones, and Veep are my top three.
- Favorite movie? The Birdcage and Notting Hill are my faves.
- Favorite book-movie/TV adaptation? Probably The Lord of the Rings. But Fantastic Mr. Fox is effing amazing, too.
- Favorite actor? Benedict Cumberbatch. 😉
- Favorite actress? Don’t have a favorite…
- Favorite author? I’m going to direct you to a little (haha, more like “lengthy”) post I did about my 21 (cough) favorite authors.
- Favorite book ship? TOO HARD. But I will say that I’m a Celaena/Chaol shipper in the Throne of Glass series… but it seems like that ship’s sunk from what I’ve heard… (Haven’t yet read Queen of Shadows, though.)
- Favorite TV show ship? If you didn’t know, I like Korean dramas. And the romance in K-dramas is effing brilliant, if totally cliche. If you’re curious about K-dramas, go watch some major staples in the genre/industry: Coffee Prince, Healer, and My Love from Another Star. ❤
- Favorite movie ship? Han and Leia, particularly in The Empire Strikes Back. ❤
Briana from Reader, Writer, Critic nominated me for my second Liebster Award! Thank you, Briana!
The award recognizes blogs with 200 or less followers.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award. (You can do less if you really can’t find 11).
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are my answers to Briana’s questions:
- What is your favorite quote? “Do, or do not. There is no try.” –Master Yoda.
- Do you tend to borrow or buy books more? BORROW. I’m a poor-ass student. I can’t afford to buy books, so I use the library. And it’s a godsend.
- What is your least favorite type of dessert and why? Least favorite type of desert? Is that even a thing?
- If you could be a MC in a Disney movie, who would you be and why? Any Disney movie — does that extend to Pixar? Um, can I be Violet from The Incredibles? Because invisibility is my dream super power. I know she’s not the main character, but I’d be fine playing a supporting (though incredibly important) role if it means I could have invisibility and force fields.
- Is there a restaurant or store you visit on a regular basis? I go to Duane Reade a lot…
- Is the career you currently have, or dream of having related to books, reading, or writing? You bet! I ultimately want to be an author, but until I ever get a novel of mine worthy of publishing, book blogging will have to do. Which is pretty cool, too, let’s be honest.
- Do you have a best blogger buddy? Who? Emma from emdoesbookreviews and I used to talk books all the time, but she’s been on a hiatus for a while now… Shout-outs to Chiara, Emily, Cait, and Kara — my lovely Aussie blogger friends!
- Is there any kind of book you won’t read or try? Abridged classics. I absolutely detest abridged classics. Don’t go changing that stuff up! There’s a reason that book became a classic!
- What is your favorite thing about each season? Autumn: My birthday. Winter: Christmas. Spring: The weather becoming warmer. Summer: I can leave my house in a shirt, shorts, and flip-flops and that saves so much time getting ready.
- Do you have any superstitions? No, but I don’t ever walk under ladders because I don’t want to risk something falling on me.
- If you were to re-name yourself, what name would you pick? When I was a kid, I loved Abigail Adams, so for years I wanted to change my name to Abigail. I outgrew that phase, though, and am perfectly happy with my name now. Although I do love name etymology. I go through phases when I research all sorts of names because I think it’s fascinating. There’s a whole blogisphere and YouTube niche dedicated to baby names, people, and it’s awesome.
Kara from Ink and Paper nominated me for my second One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you, Kara!
The rules for this nomination are:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. (But you really don’t have to follow me if you really don’t want to.)
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I go through periods when I’m obsessed with Erin Condren planners and the stickers for them. I don’t have a planner, but I watch Plan with Me and Sticker Haul videos on YouTube.
- I hated balloons as a young child after I lost two in a row at a party. I was traumatized for years.
- I stopped drinking milk back in the spring and it’s done wonders for my skin. I actually don’t miss milk anymore.
- I’ve got more than $2 worth of pennies sitting in a box that I’m too lazy to take to the bank to exchange.
- I’m a quiet person in social settings, and often think way too long/much about what I should say and what people think of me. I’m kind of self-conscious in bigger groups. I much prefer one-on-one interactions.
- Post-It/sticky notes are the best, and I always request them as gifts. My mom thinks its strange but she always laughs whenever I open a pack of sticky notes and get excited.
- I have pierced ears, but I don’t wear earrings every day, probably only once a week, maybe less frequent than that.
- I don’t like to bother with makeup. I’ll put on some concealer but that’s it, and maybe some mascara if I’m having an “ugly” day. Eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, eyebrows, contouring… too lazy to put all that on, and I want to be able to rub my eye if I need to.
- I twist Oreos in half before I eat them. It makes them last longer because you technically have two cookies all of a sudden.
- I hate listening to recordings of my speaking voice. I sound so much different from what I think I sound like.
- My super-unique iPhone case has a gazillion Studio Ghibli animal/creature characters on it: Totoro, No Face, Ponyo, Calcifer, Tato, Jiji, Heen, Turnip Head, Soot Sprites, etc.
Here are 11 questions I give you to answer (only if you want to):
- What’s a book you’d want to do as a read-aloud before bedtime to your children one day?
- What’s the most beautiful/coolest word?
- If you had a typewriter, would you use it on a regular basis?
- What’s a popular song you’re tired of hearing?
- If you had to flee your house in an emergency but had time to take one thing from your shelves, what would you take?
- What immediately comes to mind when you hear the word “crunchy”?
- What is your opinion on dragons? (Yup, you just knew I was going to mention dragons at some point, didn’t you?)
- If only one type of mythology actually did exist in the real world, like in the Percy Jackson books, what mythology would you pick and why? (Examples: Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, Native American, etc.)
- What’s a favorite video game you played as a child?
- There is a unicorn, phoenix, and sphinx you can talk to and ask any question. Which magical creature do you speak with and what one question do ask?
- If you had to eat only one type of fruit for the rest of your life, what fruit would you choose?
And as for who I nominate…
I’m sure many bloggers have already been nominated for these awards — I have been nominated for a few of these before, too, but I can’t resist answering more questions. 🙂 But any of you lovely bloggers who read my blog I nominate because you’re all fabulous people and I’m just spreading the love around. ❤ You can do these award posts if you want, or not, it’s totally up to you. 🙂