Here’s what I want to read this month, November 2015:
EDIT: Click on a title to read my review!
- Review copies: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, The Nightmare Place by Steve Mosby, Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter, An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet, and The Clouded Sky and A Sky Unbroken by Megan Crewe.
- Reread(s): Warriors: Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter,
- Classic: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley,
- Library books: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater, and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
Altogether, these 12 books are what I most want to prioritize. I’m sure I won’t get to all of them (although I hope I do) and that I’ll read some books not on this list. But 12 books in a month is totally doable, and I’m feeling like killing this weird reading funk I’ve been in for the past two months. Time to read read read and get the heck off the internet.
I am currently reading Illuminae. I absolutely must read The Nightmare Place ASAP because I requested it back in September, eep. I need to badly read the NetGalley books that have been sitting around for weeks and weeks, if not months… I’d like to read Frankenstein because I need to keep reading classics and I totally missed reading it in the appropriate month of October. I also badly need to read the hot library books I’ve got out right now; I won’t be able to renew Queen of Shadows and the Raven Cycle books forever…
Of course, there are ton of other books I’d like to read if time permits/if I read the 11 I listed. More books I’d like to read include: A Madness So Discreet (library), The Rose Society (library), Ice Like Fire (library), The Drowning (ARC), The Japanese Lover (ARC), The Trouble with Destiny (egalley), The Firebird Mystery (egalley), Finnikin of the Rock, and Graceling (a reread). I’ll probably read these other library books this month, as they’re new releases by authors I love and I probably won’t be able to renew them, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get to utterly low-priority reads like Graceling, which I just want to reread. We shall see…
Here are the books I successfully read that were on September’s TBR list
(since I forgot to make an October TBR list, oops)
I read 8/14 books from September’s TBR!
Click on a title to read my review.
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow. 3 stars. Interesting at times, but this wasn’t really my thing, and I almost DNF-ed it.
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. 5 stars! A new favorite of mine. So amazing. I wasn’t a fan of Erin’s dystopia Taken, but this Western… man, oh man, this was epic.
- A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston. 4 stars. Okay, I’m almost completely alone in preferring this one to The Wrath and the Dawn. But A Thousand Nights was just really refreshing and beautiful and I loved it for what it was.
- Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis. 3 stars. A sci-fi retelling of The Wild Swans. Pretty interesting.
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells. 2 stars. Eh… classics…
- A Room with a View by E.M. Forster. 2 stars.^^
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket. 3 stars. Cute, but nothing beats A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. 5 stars! Maggie Stiefvater can do no wrong. She is an amazing writer and The Raven Boys is absolutely flipping fantastic.
What’s on your TBR for this month?
Have you read any of these books?
Comment below letting me know!
Oh, and Happy Halloween!