The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
Last week on the blog:
- On Sunday, I posted last-last week’s Sunday Post
- On Tuesday, I reviewed The Wicked + the Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act and Saga, Volumes 2, 3, and 4.
- On Thursday, I reviewed Stay with Me by J. Lynn/Jennifer L. Armentrout.
What I read:
- Calamity Jack by Shannon and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale. 3 stars. Fun quick read, but definitely not the cream of the crop in the graphic novel world.
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. 4 stars. Super fun! So glad to be back in Rick’s hilarious books. And Norse mythology is awesome. Not my favorite of his books, but I did really enjoy it. Hopefully the series will get better, kind of like how Heroes of Olympus did. Also — those chapter titles are absolutely hilarious! Some of my favorites: “Make Way for Ducklings, or They Will Smack You Upside the Head”, “Four Million Channels and There’s Still Nothing On Except Valkyrie Vision”, “Come to the Dark Side. We Have Pop-Tarts”, “We Are Falafel-Jacked by an Eagle”, “Thou Shalt Not Poop on the Head of Art”, “I Am Trash-Talked by a Squirrel”, “Freya Is Pretty! She Has Cats!”, “We Have a Pre-decapitation Party, with Egg Rolls”, “Hearthstone Passes Out Even More than Jason Grace (Though I Have No Idea Who That Is)”, and “We Have the Talk-About-Turning-Into-Horseflies Chat”. Gold, pure gold.
The books I acquired:
Here are the books I acquired this week.
- Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter. Review copy. Pegasus Books. Thanks, Iris!
The library haul:
Here’s what I picked up from the library this week.
- Calamity Jack by Shannon and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale. 3 stars.
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith. THAT COVER. And it’s a wrap-around cover, which makes it even cooler.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I read this years ago, and it’s the only Cassie Clare book I’ve read. I’m in the mood right now to read the entire series. Wish me luck!
What are you currently reading?