Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: top ten hyped books I haven’t read! I have fifteen on my list, though… And I’m not including 2015 releases. Let’s jump right in, shall we? Books are listed in no particular order.
The Top Ten (*cough* fifteen):
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Lumatere Chronicles. These books sound like my type of fantasy. I’ve had Finnikin sitting on my shelf for years now and I need to read it so bad…
- Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. People say it’s an excellent book with dry humor and no glossing-over. Not sure I want to read another cancer book (The Fault In Our Stars was plenty, and that was before a family member of mine died of cancer), but it’s definitely something I hear a lot of hype about.
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. Again, sounds like my type of high fantasy. I’ve heard they’re really great and there’s lots of them, including a spin-off series set in the same world. Sign me up!
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. People love these books. I’m not huge into vampires and never have been, but these books and the spin-off series have so much hype that I really have to check them out sometime.
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab. Victoria Schwab has quickly become one of the hottest authors, and its her Adult books that have really taken off: Vicious, A Darker Shade of Magic… I read her YA book, The Archived, and didn’t really love it, but I’m absolutely willing to try more of her books. People rave about them.
- The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey. People say this book is fabulous. I really wanna read it.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Not sure if I’ll ever actually read this, as it doesn’t really sound like the sort of contemporary I’d ever be drawn to, but there was so much hype surrounding this book before, during, and after its release. Everyone was like “the ending/plot twist” and I want to find out if it’s really as good as people say.
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. Brandon Sanderson is a king of fantasy and I need to read his books.
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. Again, people were nonstop talking about this book, and still are. The title is one of the best titles I’ve ever come across, and the synopsis really interests me.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman. Gayle Forman’s writing is beautiful — I didn’t love If I Stay, but I thought the writing was excellent. I’m willing to give Just One Day a try sometime.
- The Martian by Andy Weir. Mega-hype. Andy Weir also self-published The Martian before Crown Publishing picked it up. Now it’s a super hot item and they’ve even turned it into a movie. Sci-fi FTW. I’ve got to get my hands on a copy.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I haven’t read a Colleen Hoover book but everyone who has says I should. Well, they say “you” in general and I take it as meaning “me, Mallory.”
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. This was one of the first books I came across on BookTube years ago when everyone was talking about it, and it’s remained a book that pops up a lot and that I really need to pick up and read.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am so ashamed to admit I haven’t read The Raven Boys when I am a huge Maggie Stiefvater fan — she’s one of my favorite authors. I’ve read The Scorpio Races (one of my favorite books ever) and Shiver, but haven’t read her (debatable) most popular series, at least as of right now. EDIT: Check out my review of The Raven Boys here!
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I am a huge fan of the show. It’s just that these books scare me a little with how big and complicated they are. One day I’ll conquer this series, one day.
Have you read any of these books?
If not, do any of them pique your interest?
What are some hyped books that you’ve never read?
Any from my list you have in common?
Comment below letting me know!