Chiara over at Books for a Delicate Eternity recently did this tag, and although she didn’t tag me, I thought I’d do it anyway because it looked like fun and I’ve been meaning to get back to book tags.
How it works:
- You have to find a book for each of the 10 categories!
- You can list the titles of the books or the covers, or whatever. Don’t think too hard about it!
- You can tag as many people as you want, but of course it’s not required for anyone to do it.
- Link back to Novel Ink, who created the tag!
I’m going to be choosing books that I own or that I’ve read since blogging, and that are either standalones or first in series. Get ready for more than one book per category, even so!
A book with the word “gone” in the title…
- Gone by Michael Grant. This book was weird.
A book with a weapon…
- The cover of The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley has Aerin holding a sword. It also has a dragon.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore. One of my favorite books. I want to reread this so bad.
A book with a moon…
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. One of my favorite books ever. I want to reread this so bad, too.
- Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. Also dragon.
- Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. Peter Pan retelling!
A book with a girl in a white dress…
- The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Fairy tale retelling! I want to reread this series so bad.
- Hannah by Kathryn Lasky. I’m pretty sure that this and The Goose Girl are the only two books I own that have girls wearing white dresses on the covers.
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd. I do not own this one, I borrowed it from the library. It’s also a retelling! See my review here!
A book with a couple kissing…
- The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark. I think this is actually the only book I own where people are kissing on the cover. I am dead serious. Go check out my review here!
A book with a sunset…
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. This is a sunset, right? I’m counting it as one.
A book with headphones…
A book with water…
- The Wanderer by Sharon Creech.
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. Because we gotta throw a classic on the list, right?
A book with a flower/s..
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. Beauty and the Beast retelling! Check out my review here!
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan. She’s holding a rose, if you can’t see.
A book with a heart/s…
YOU! Yesh, yesh, I know that’s a total cop-out, but seeing as no one tagged me, it’s not 100% like I’m passing the tag onto someone else… If you’d like to participate, then go ahead! Link back to me, too, so I can see the books you picked for the categories!
Have you read any of these books?
What’s a book you’d pick for either “weapon” or “water”, off the top of your head?
Comment below letting me know!