The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
What I read/reviewed:
EDIT: Click on a title to read my review!
- Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier. 4 stars.
- A Love Like Blood by Marcus Sedgwick. 4 stars.
- The Minnow by Diana Sweeney. 3 stars.
- Life Unaware by Cole Gibsen. Review to come! 3 stars.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. The beginning had a crap-ton of info dumping in the form of dialogue. The book itself also has yet to grip me. I have no attachment to Wil or Melanie right now. I’m still interested and am thinking of trying to finish it this Sunday night, but I’m not loving it so far… I hope that changes.
- Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein. Only just started this so I don’t have much to go on, but from what I have read, I like the writing and the general idea. Genies don’t get enough attention in YA literature! (The only other “genie” book I’ve read is As You Wish by Jackson Pearce — which is an awesome book that you should definitely check out.)
Planning to read next:
First, let’s talk about that tbr list I made last Sunday. From the seven books I listed I read a grand total of… two (The Minnow and Life Unaware). And finished the book I was currently reading at the time (Dream a Little Dream). But I’m also currently reading another two (The Orphan Queen and Becoming Jinn)! So this week, I’m making my plans simple: I want to finish reading The Orphan Queen and Becoming Jinn, and hopefully read those other three books I listed from last week: Find the Good, A Curious Mind, and Earth and Sky.
The books I acquired:
Here are the books I acquired this week.
- Alive by Scott Sigler. Egalley via NetGalley. Thank you, Del Rey!
- The Sunday Post — April 19th, 2015
- The Liebster Award!
- Waiting on Wednesday — Illusionarium by Heather Dixon
What are you currently reading?