I was going to add Soundless by Richelle Mead to this list, but then I remembered I have a scheduled Waiting on Wednesday post for it going up later today. So here are five other books I’m dying to read and wish I had in my hands right this very second!
The Top 5:
EDIT: Click on a title to read my review.
- Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. Samantha is a Chinese girl and Annamae is a runaway slave. They disguise themselves as boys on their journey on the Oregon Trail. I need this book in my life ASAP.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I did a Waiting on Wednesday post about this book. Basically, I’m craving an adorable contemporary right now, and I’ve heard nothing but glowing praise for Simon.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This needs no explanation except: Sarah J. Maas and fairy tale retelling. Goodbye.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. A retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. This book, guys, THIS BOOK.
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd. “Otherworldly” beings put five human teenagers in a “cage”. i.e. They’re the exhibit in a bizarre alien zoo. And then romance sparks between Cora and her otherworldly jailer, Cassian… This sounds strange and twisted and I am intrigued!
Have you read any of the books I listed?
What book do you wish you’d started, like, yesterday?
Comment below letting me know!