Gronk: A Monster’s Story: Volume 2 by Katie Cook (Gronk, #2). | My copy: eGalley, 57 pages, Action Lab Entertainment, Diamond Book Distributors, releases March 31st, 2015. | Source: The publisher via NetGalley. | Read my review of Gronk Volume 1 here. | View Gronk Volume 2 on Goodreads here.
The SECOND full-color “Gronk: a monster’s story” collection is here! Did I mention it’s in full color? Kevin Minor returns once again as the excellent, talented colorist behind interior pages.
8” x 8”, perfect bound and ready to sit next to your first Gronk book on your shelf… this book contains all the strips from the second year of the Gronk webcomic and bonus material!
Gronk: Volume 2 is the second compilation of Gronk comics, short graphic stories about the cute, little green monster, Gronk, and her new family: Dale, a nerdy human, Harli, her Newfoundland, and Kitty the cat. I recently posted my review of Volume 1, so go check that out, too.
Now, here are some thoughts I had while reading this second volume of Gronk by Katie Cook:
- “The Cast of Gronk”: Yay, can’t wait to meet these guys again!
- Poot. Roofus is special… Bahaha!
- Page 11. Harli. Getting jealous, I see? Best part in the whole book!
- The corn puns. Too funny.
- The Dark Mark… Worm. Dying!
- I feel like setting the coffee table on fire to make S’mores is something Calvin and Hobbes would do…
- Only the second time in my life I have felt sympathetic toward a spider. (The first time was reading/watching Charlotte’s Web.)
- “You’ve got 30 minutes in that chair for tweeting like a moron”. Bahaha!
Gronk: A Monster’s Story: Volume 2 is an adorable book that will make you chuckle. It’s got great nerd references and sweet, colorful illustrations. It’s charming, a lovely book to flip through when you’re looking for a smile. ♦
Have you read Gronk Volume 2?
Or, Have you read Gronk Volume 1?
Have you read any Gronk web comics?
If not, would you want to read the Gronk books now?
Comment below letting me know!
And, as always, happy reading!