What I read last month:
Here are the books I read in February 2015. (13 books!)
Total number of pages read this month (approximately): 4,231!
Click on a title to be directed to my review:
- Asunder by Jodi Meadows | This is book #2 in the Incarnate trilogy. Read my review of book #1, Incarnate, here.
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin | The end to the Mara Dyer series. Go check out my reviews for books #1 and #2, Unbecoming and Evolution, as well as my series wrap-up.
- Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks | Review copy | A great Middle Grade adventure story with a best canine friend. Gotta love those four-legged companions.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz | Holy crap this was my favorite book I read this month. I’m definitely thinking that this could make my top 15 of 2015 list…
- Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger | This is book #2 in the Sky Fall series, a very underrated series (trilogy?) that I really think deserves more attention. Read my review of book #1, Let the Sky Fall, here.
- The Prey by Tom Isbell | A bit disappointed, as the concept was interesting by the execution wasn’t the best.
- Of Shadow and Stone by Michelle Muto | Review copy | Haven’t read a book about gargoyles before. These gargoyles are totally bad-ass, especially at the story’s end.
- Gronk: A Monster’s Story: Volume 2 by Katie Cook | Review copy | Review coming very soon! | The second book in Katie Cook’s comic book/graphic novel series about an adorable green monster named Gronk.
- Villain Keeper by Laurie McKay | Review copy | DRAGONS. That is all. And the fact that the series is titled “The Last Dragon Charmer” had me sold.
- Alienated by Melissa Landers | If I had to pick a guilty pleasure, books with hot alien boyfriends might be one… But seriously, hot alien boyfriends are the best. Cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel, Invaded!
- The Evening Chorus by Helen Humphreys | Review copy | Beautifully written World War II novel. It took me a while to get invested, but I’m very glad I stuck with it.
- Unborn by Amber Lynn Natusch | Review copy | Whoa, this sounded so promising, what with the incorporation of Greek mythology and paranormal aspects… but it just fell so flat. Go read my review — I promise it’s entertaining (at least, I hope it is!).
- Geek Girl by Holly Smale | Fun and exactly what you think it’s going to be.
My non-review posts from February 2015.
- Top Ten Tuesday — Books I Want to Read from the Historical Fiction Genre
- Series Wrap-Up — The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
- My Favorite Authors
- Top Ten Tuesday — Bookish Problems I Have
- 6 Month Blogiversary!!!
The books I acquired:
Hare are the books I acquired in February 2015. (16! books)
To the publishers who sent me books for review — many thanks!
(Book listed in order of when I received them)
EDIT: Click on a title to read my review.
- The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks by Sam Maggs — egalley; Quirk Books via NetGalley | Excitement level: very high! This just freaking sounds awesome!
- Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks — ARC; Henry Holt & Co. BFYR via Goodreads First Reads | Read and reviewed this month. Very charming Middle Grade story!
- Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina by Misty Copeland — paperback; Touchstone (Simon & Schuster) | I read this when it was published last year, but I plan to reread it within the next few months.
- The World Before Us by Aislinn Hunter — ARC; Hogarth (Penguin Random House) via Read It Foward through Shelf Awareness | Excitement level: interested.
- Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier — egalley; Henry Holt & Co. BFYR via NetGalley | Excitement level: high! I read Kerstin Gier’s Ruby Red a while back and enjoyed it, so I’m very interested in this new book of hers.
- Phenomenal by Leigh Ann Henion — egalley; Penguin Group via NetGalley | Excitement level: moderate. It’s a memoir, and I’m not sure I’m quite in the mood for it right at this moment — I’m a mood reader. I’ll definitely try to get around to this sometime soon, though.
- Zeroboxer by Fonda Lee — egalley; Flux via NetGalley | Excitement level: very interested! I’m definitely in the mood for some space/sci-fi these days.
- Gronk: A Monster’s Story: Volume 2 by Katie Cook — egalley; Action Lab Entertainment (Diamond Book Distributors) via NetGalley | Review coming very soon!
- Sisters of Shiloh by Kathy & Becky Hepinstall — ARC; Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via Shelf Awareness | Excitement level: moderate.
- The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill — egalley; Delacorte BFYR (Random House Children’s) via NetGalley | Excitement level: very interested!
- Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein — egalley; Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group) via NetGalley | Excitement level: high! Genies! I can’t wait to read this!
- I Take You by Eliza Kennedy — ARC; Crown (Random House) from Read It Forward via Shelf Awareness | Excitement level: interested! Love the cover. So bright, making me believe the book’s going to be fun.
- Undertow by Michael Buckley — egalley; Houghton Mifflin Harcourt BFYR (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children’s Book Group) via NetGalley | Excitement level: very interested!
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey — egalley; Delacorte Press (Random House Children’s) via NetGalley | Excitement level: very interested!
- The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook edited by Kate White — finished copy, hardcover; Quirk Books | Excitement level: very interested! I pretty much love whatever Quirk publishes, and I can’t wait to go through all the recipes in here.
- False Tongues: A Callie Anson Mystery by Kate Sharles — ARC; Poisoned Pen Press via Shelf Awareness. | Excitement level: moderate.
In other news…
An update on my 105 Challenge: 34/105 books!
The 105 Challenge is hosted by by Nori @ ReadWriteLove28.
For the month of February… I completed my eighth category: Authors I haven’t read before! I also read a total of 13 books this month, so that’s 13 more books toward my total of 105. And, thus far, I’ve read 34 books this year! I’m at 32% for my Goodreads challenge, and apparently “18 books ahead of schedule”. Wowee, that’s more books than I read this month, haha! (Although this month I acquired more books for review than I read… Sigh. I just love NetGalley!)
Here are the categories and my progress in them:
- 0/1 — Indie/self-published novel
- 0/2 — Books over 500 pages
- 2/3 — Adult novels
- 0/4 — Adult classics
- 4/5 — Graphic novels
- 1/6 — Books with dragons
- 1/7 — Contemporary YA novels
- 8/8 — Authors I haven’t read before — COMPLETED 2/20/2015!
- The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa
- Enchantment Lake by Margi Preus
- Gronk: A Monster’s Story: Volume I by Katie Cook
- The Magician’s Daughter by Judith Janeway
- Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Of Shadow and Stone by Michelle Muto
- Alienated by Melissa Landers
- 3/9 — Debuts from any year
- 3/10 — Rereads
- 3/11 — 2015 releases
- 1/12 — Books on my TBR pile
- 5/13 — Books in a series (continue/finish)
- 3/14 — Fantasy books
What did you read in February 2015?
What was your favorite book you read this past month?
Comment below letting me know!