So Emma from emdoesbookreviews has nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Whoo, thank you so much, I’m honored that you find my wee blog inspiring! 😀
1) The nominee shall display the respective logo on their blog and link to the blogger that has nominated her.
Done! Award logo displayed above as well as on my About page where I have a section at the bottom called “bragging rights”. 😉
2) The nominee shall nominate fifteen bloggers they admire, by linking to their blogs and informing them about the nomination.
Here are 15 blogs I admire and find inspiring. Apologies if you’ve already been nominated or if you don’t do these sorts of posts — just know that I think very highly of you and your blog! 🙂
- Sajda @ Across the Words
- Stacie & Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity
- Olivia & Sarah @ Brewing Up Books
- Emily @ Loony Literate
- Danielle @ Love at First Page
- Amanda @ Of Spectacles and Books
- Cait @ Paper Fury
- Nori @ Read Write Love 28
- Alise, Bec & Rachel @ Readers in Wonderland
- Mallory & Maria @ Reads by M and M
- Hannah @ So Obsessed With
- Mallory @ The Local Muse
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Sarah @ What Sarah Read
3) The nominee has to answer the following questions:
- Who is your favorite public figure? I don’t know if I have a favorite public figure. I don’t really look up to those sorts of people or have much interest in being like them. I admire a lot of people in the worlds I pursue (books and writing, dance and musical theater), but I couldn’t name someone very famous who I really respect. Sorry for such a lame answer.
- What do you like most? Um, besides the obvious family and friends? Books! Duh. And the amazing book blogging community. But besides all that, I really like symmetry. It’s a little OCD quirk, but I absolutely love it when things, anything, are nice and orderly and symmetrical. I am especially happy when I am the one who makes things into nice geometrical shapes and patterns. It gives me great satisfaction.
- Do you follow trends? Not really. And if I do, I’m usually very late to the party. I did start a trend once among my cousins and friends when we were kids: I got a hermit-crab, and suddenly everyone thought hermit-crabs were super cool and low-maintenance and they all copied me and got hermit-crabs.
- What do you do when someone gets angry? Try to calm them down, or just stay out of the line of fire. But if it’s my mom, I kind of just clam up and wait for her lecturing (yup, it’s always lectures from her) to end. If it’s friends or people I know, I try to talk them out of their anger and help them solve whatever problem got them worked up. If it’s a random person/stranger, I get the hell away as calmly and neutrally as possible.
- What have you loved most? Have loved? As in, no longer love? That’s tough… But I can think of one thing from my childhood I loved back then but grew out of: Rice milk. I drank that stuff every single day, it was so delicious. Then I got older and one day went, “Yuck. I’m never having this stuff again.”
- What quality do you admire most? Honesty and trust. I hate people who lie or bullshit or make up things to make themselves look better. I’ve known a lot of people who BS their way through life and it drives me absolutely crazy because I can’t ever believe a word that comes out of their mouths. And trust. Oh boy, I hate the feeling of wondering if someone’s going to be discreet or not. I’ve never been betrayed or anything, but I don’t like it when people carelessly blab random things I’ve just told them (it’s only happened, like, twice that I can remember, but still, I told you and not anyone else because this is our conversation). I never say things I’d regret, but it’s irritating when things get passed along that I wouldn’t necessarily talk about with someone else.
Once again, thank you Emma for the award! I’d nominate you, too, but you’ve already done this so just know that I admire you and your blog so much. 🙂