What I read last month:
I read 12 books in December!
9 were fiction, 3 were nonfiction.
I read 3,246 pages this month!
Click on a title to read my review:
- Jane Austen Cover to Cover: 200 Years of Classic Covers by Margaret C. Sullivan (nonfiction)
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
- Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- A Bowl of Olives: On Food and Memory by Sara Midda (nonfiction)
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
- Maus, I: A Survivor’s Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (nonfiction)
- Timepiece by Myra McEntire
- The Resurrectionist: The Lost Work of Dr. Spencer Black by E. B. Hudspeth
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- A Pussycat’s Christmas by Margaret Wise Brown (picture book)
- Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix
- Proxy by Alex London
This month was full of:
Jane Austen, book covers galore, the Monkey King, self-acceptance, my first graphic novel read ever, sylphs, Windwalkers, Gales, olives, watercolors, quotes, recipes, bad-ass Fae, bad-ass witches, wyverns (a.k.a. draaaaagons), mice, cats, the Holocaust, ripples, feelings, finding things, a madman doctor, macabre experiments, The Codex Extinct Animalia, antiheroes, illusions, awesome epilogues, Christmastime, a curious kitty-cat, Orsk, the Beehive, pooped-on brookas, Proxys, Patrons, Guardians, escaped zoo animals … and more!
December was a good month of reading. I read a great variety of books that included nonfiction, memoirs, graphic novels, and picture books in addition to my usual Young Adult novels. Three books were review copies, all of which I did really enjoy. I also read two horror books, believe it or not! (The Resurrectionist and Horrorstör.) I had a bunch of books that I didn’t get around to reading, sadly, a lot of which were sequels. Hopefully I’ll continue/finish some more series next month. 🙂
Have you read any of these books?
Do any of these pique your interest now?
If so, comment below letting me know!
Oh, and cheers to reading in January 2015!